Friday, November 09, 2007

Radical new haircut reflects my new resolutions I'm feeling energised! (note before and after photos!)

After running break in October, I'm back and heel pain is pretty much gone. As long as I keep a slow and steady increase in mileage, I think the plantar fasciitis problem is behind me.

1) I need to keep to the training plan on Buckeye outdoors for 24-week London Marathon training (FLM cashed my check - does that mean I have a place? Or do I need to get a charity place from Guide Dogs still?)

2) And I'm following Petra's lead and joining the P.O.M's Holiday Weightsloss Challenge with a goal of dropping from 128 to 120 lbs by Feb 1st 2008.
  • Here are my rules (which I shamelessly canibalised from POM):
    1. Breakfast: oatmeal, yogurt/muesli or eggs (no toast!)
    2. Salad or veg for lunch, but cccasional whole grain bread if a sandwich is the only option.
    3. Protein and veg ONLY for dinner
    4. Wine - only once a week
    5. No white bread. Ever.
    6. No chocolate. No ice cream.
    7. Weigh self once a week only.
    8. Don't be psycho by talking about it all the time. Only blog about it. (I don' t think anyone reads this but me anyway!)

7 comments:

P.O.M. said...

WHoo whoo - welcome to the challenge! 8 lbs should be easy!

(And now you have me to read your blog)

Petraruns said...

haha I've read it. So we're on my friend. And we may well finally run together as well.... I will let you know.

Petraruns said...

Toni! You're running London! So am I ! So we will finally meet! And I should stop using exclamation marks now right? So we will be slim and fit in April and we can support each other until then. I love your rules and am going to abide by them - 2 nights of wine last week did not make for a happy weigh-in this am... So I'm with you.

Petraruns said...

Ok - I'm printing out your rules and living by them because I'm too demoralised to even post my lack of progress on the message board thingie. 1 lb! 1 lb! But what did I expect? I'm doing your plan now..

Also - love your hair. You look fantastic! I really hope I get to see it for real sometime..

Also - Tag - you're it! Shirley grabbed me and made me do a meme - and now it's your turn! Check out my latest post to see what you need to do!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new haircut and the renewed commitment to weight loss through the holiday season, I really admire that! Best of luck on this fresh start, sounds like you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Keep on blogging, but dont be so sure that no one reads your blog. ;-) Best wishes, Jordan (from Germany)

MarathonChris said...

Regarding the PF....this I have struggled with since my training last year for the Disney Marathon. I got some physical therapy which included taking 4 long weeks off from running. Although the pain is not as bad - it never went completely away. I fear I may need to take another break after Disney again this year and try some cross training.

Orthotics helps me out. I have used the Strausser sock at the harder times and it helps some. I use Icy Hot on my calf muscles to help the heel out. I massage my feet and use The Stick to help with loosening the calves.

Taking a day off between runs seems to help. Standing on my feet all day working at a conference is horrible!

Hope your recover goes well!