Tuesday, October 20, 2009

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride.'

Well, with no firm race plans in sight, I've slipped a bit in the diet and fitness motivation... running really doesn't sound that great after a pub lunch. What did Bruno say, "I'm committing carbicide!" Yep, pancakes for breakfast with the kids today, ice cream on the menu after dinner. I'm giving myself until Monday morning to enjoy the ride - then I'll agonizingly try to lose the weight I can gain with astounding speed. Cheers!

6 comments:

Petraruns said...

Drusy - you make me laugh! And I love that quote. Having just had lunch at Pizza Express with 2 large glasses of white I can see how I would go skidding - and am going skidding. And post race - and post RRT achievement - you deserve it all. Let Monday morning sort you out - it usually does...

Gary Wall said...

I have joined you too. But, after searching for the perfect pint of beer I've started making my own. I have resisted the other temptations though. Chocolate, chips and greasy spoon breakfasts - the staple diet of all crime investigators.
I bit the bullet tonight too. I have updated my blog. I think I needed another project to get me going. So, my plan to run a fifty miler for my fiftieth is my incentive. Please give me another nudge if I let it lapse more than a few weeks. Now I'm off to Lovefilm to order Borat I think I need educating after that great quote.

The Baker's Oven said...

Since you and Linnie both accomplished great feats before turning 50, I've decided I should, too. So I've committed to losing 50 pounds by the time I turn 50. I've gotten a great start, ... I gained a pound last week. Those darn chocolate chip cookies. Well, this is a new week. :)

pathfinder said...

Yeah, weight is such an issue it seems for many of us. I havn't seen my ultimate raceing weight in 6 years. I see it, plan it, but don't live it....so it never comes.

Anonymous said...

May I say that you are an inspiration on relaxation :-). I too will be enjoying some (carbo-)treats this weekend. Should help me feeling better (bit of flu). After losing 10 kgs this year I have hit a plateau. On Monday it's back to diet and running. Love your blog!

Andre, 53 and looking forward to running the Eco-trail de Paris in spring and mebbe the Great Wildernes Challenge in summer.

RunnerDude said...

Hi! Those memory-making times eating pancakes with the kids (especially if they're chocolate chip)are worth the extra calories!

Awesome Runners Round Table podcast today! Thanks for the invite!