Thursday, June 25, 2015

OBE June 2015

A huge surprise to be on the Queen's Honours List for an OBE for services to Energy Development, and after initial feelings of self-doubt and sense of inadequacy, I decided to just brazen it out. The Monday in the office after the announcement was the worst, but after time I've sort of grown into it and actually now feel a bit of pleasure when someone mentions it.  I had tea with the DECC Permanent Secretary today with other recipients, and  got a nice letter from the Energy Secretary of State.  The local paper ever interviewed me!
Local paper link

Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE)

How very strange.  I think the kids got a kick out of it and Ali seems keen to meet the Queen when I get invited to a Garden Party at Buckingham Palace to receive the badge.  I do wish that Mom and Dad were still alive, they would have been impressed by the Royalness.

On 8 Dec, Ali and I went to Windsor Palace when I got to speak with Prince William for a minute or so about shale gas before receiving my award. Finding a hat was the hardest part and the curtsey went OK.





No comments: